Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight

The long awaited for day finally came. At our house, minus the younger boys and girls, we have been anticipating for THE movie. We have all read the books, yes even dad, Jessica and I have finished all 4 books, hurry and catch up dad and Jessika. Over the summer the girls begged us to please take them out of school to see the movie. We agreed as they never miss school. As the day approached I was invited to a "moms only" night out to see the movie at midnight. You would think that I would have gotten grief from the teenagers, no, I got grief from my husband who desperately wanted to go and see the movie at midnight with the rest of us! He even offered to wear a dress! He graciously got over it when I reminded him that we were going the next day with the girls.

My friend Amy hosted a party at her house. It was fabulous! We had a great time socializing and eating in the wee hours of the night. It was great to get out with the girls with no kids in tow! We headed off to the midnight movie most of us yawning wondering if we would stay awake through them movie. I will admit that I was the only one who did nod off for part of the movie! 

Don't we look great at 11 PM!!!!
Amy and Kristy with their goodie bags that they DON'T have to share with the kids!
On a mission to see the movie!!!!

We couldn't take the camera into the movie theater to further capture the moment. Apparently there is some federal law that you can't bring cameras into the theater, so the security guard kept the camera until after the movie. He wouldn't even come in and take a picture of us BEFORE the movie started. Anyway, who would have known I just thought you were supposed to turn your cell phone off and now the newly added advertisement...not to TEXT!!!  I could go on about the whole camera thing but I won't. 

On Thursday I had read one review of the movie and it wasn't that favorable. I refused to read another thing about the movie. I thought it better be good because I have to see it twice in 13 hours!!!! The movie was GREAT! It was the only movie that I have seen where it actually followed the book! I just feel like the movie is not over because there is 3 more books!!!!! I got home at 3 am....everyone was sleeping. YEA!! 

A couple of hours later, thank you honey for making sure the kids got to school on time,  I got up took and shower and we left at 10:30 off to pick up girls from school and be at the 12:50 showing. The girls were really excited about the Twilight shirts we had gotten for them, all their friends had them but they liked theirs so much better, thanks Amy. It was a different experience watching it with my teenage daughters than hours before. We kept hearing comments about how HOT Edward was and the awwee that's so sweet etc. etc. Jessika kept saying "Mommy he's soooo cuuutteee". They loved the movie and I was grateful that I was able to see the movie again to see the part that I slept through!!! I forgot the camera at home, in my sleepless stupor,  so we don't have any pictures of the event. Sorry girls. We can't wait for the next movie!!! 

Just a side note---the movie Twilight cost $37 million to make. Friday and Saturday alone the movie grossed $70.5 million!!!!  Hopefully that's enough incentive for them to get going on the next 3 movies!!!

No comments: