Sunday, November 16, 2008

Soothing Sunday

This afternoon I asked Dani if she wanted to make cookies. Of course, what eight year old wouldn't want to make cookies. So her and I made cookies with lots of input from dear old dad as to what kind of cookies we should make, chocolate chip. Dani made the cookies by herself reading the instructions with just a tad bit of help. I will say that she did and great job and even went and got the swiffer all by herself when the flour went flying out of the mixer! Dani and I started to play cards and left the actual baking part to Dad since he was in the kitchen so much. 

I kept hearing Mike say don't eat these cookies to each child as they passed through the kitchen. I looked over and noticed he got one of my "pretty" plates and he was piling the cookies on them. Then he got out the press and seal, if you haven't tried it you totally have to it's WAY better than saran wrap. I walk into the kitchen and he is writing on the cookies "Most Excellent Cookies". I am like why are you writing on them? He said don't we have to take these to church tonight? I'm like no, we made them for us. 

Tonight we had Young Women in Excellence at church so that's where the most excellent cookies came from. He was trying and he was really clever. 

So tonight as I was catching up on all my reading for the day I realized I hadn't posted our Soothing Sunday. I thought about the cookie thing but didn't get a picture because the batteries died, but I later found out my dear sweet husband took pictures of the cookies so that I could blog about it. 

So as we were sitting on the couch our dog, Sam, who is NOT allowed on the couch was trying to get some love and attention from Mike........
They are seriously having a deep conversation....so we all had a soothing Sunday I came home from our church meeting to Dani and Mckenna sleeping, thanks Mom,
(Mike) actually got to eat more chocolate chip cookies than they thought they could AND Sam got some serious attention and was allowed on our couch just long enough for me to grab the camera. 

2 comments:

Rennie said...

My husband thinks you have the perfect dog in Sam.

Just Jones'n said...

Perhaps Sam can come live at your house ;). Just kidding as much as I complain about that dog and her hair we really are lucky to have a great dog. Don't tell Mike I said so though I have to keep up the image that I really don't like her!