Sunday, November 9, 2008

Soothing Sunday

So there's no picture to capture this one but as I was attempting to take a nap this afternoon Mckenna came into my room, climbed up in the bed and said "Mom are you sad at dad?" I said "No" she said "are you happy with dad?" I said "Yes" she said "Then why are you sleeping?" I said "because I am tired"  she said "well then I need to read you a bedtime story" I told her really it was fine she could go and help dad with making cookies, yes he really does and was making homemade cookies. She picked up Mike's novel from his night stand flipped through a couple of pages and realized there were no pictures so she said "No I think I need to sing you a song".  She started singing "I am a child of God" for those of you who don't know the song the words go like this:

I am a child of God and He has sent me here. Has given me an earthly home with parents kind of dear (the real words are kind and dear). Lead me guide me walk beside me help me find the way teach me all that I must to do have them live with me someday (to live with Him someday).  

I had to laugh when she sang the "kind of dear" part since she had thought I was mad at dad because I was sleeping. Even though I was dead tired I didn't have the heart to fall asleep while she was singing because I needed to watch her while she was singing and clap and cheer when she was finished each time. Yes she is 3 so she had to sing more than once. Maybe I will get a nap next Sunday.....


2 comments:

Rennie said...

Our family's favorite version includes the words, "with parents kind of weird." That's really what it is in our house!

Damian said...

too cute!! that kid says the funniest things.