Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our ongoing saga....

Can someone please explain how our darling 3 year old can write her alphabet but can't use the bathroom????  This past week Mckenna has shown more interest in writing her letters.  She has been doing a great job writing them, yes only on paper....if only she would show this much excitement in using the potty!!!  

Last week when it was that dreaded time again to buy diapers I thought why should I spend $18.94 to get Pampers....let's try the Wal Mart version at only $10.97 because it was obvious the Pampers were much too absorbant. Mckenna very quickly announced that we had the wrong diapers. I heard all about it through Wal Mart. When we got home and I tried to change her diaper she told me that those weren't her diapers and she wasn't wearing them. I said fine you can wear big girl pants....well she wasn't having any part of that. When I finally convinced her they do the same job, come to find out even better, as her old diapers she reluctantly let me put one on her. I wish I would have been able to get the camera to catch the look on her face. She so didn't believe me. I'm still a little irritated that I have spent so much on Pampers all this time and could have spent half as much on the Wal Mart version.....I don't even want to think about that one.

When Jessika changed her diaper later in the day she announced to Jessika "Mom bought me these stupid diapers they are the wrong ones you know." She obviously was traumatized by not having Elmo on her rear after all this time. Are you kidding me?!?!?? That just makes me want to just tell her that we are no longer buying diapers so get over it and just wear big girls pants. I'll try it and let you know how that goes.....

2 comments:

Amy said...

too funny!! it's either one extreme or the other since I have a two year old that IS potty trained, but still calls me "bobby"...go figure!

For the Love of French said...

She sounds like your child....