Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mckenna and the never ending potting training saga

Everyday Mckenna and I have this conversation that goes something like this:

Mom: Mckenna let's go get some big girls panties on so you can go potty on the big potty
Mckenna: No mom I think I better wear my diaper....which she goes in and hand picks the correct character in the pampers box

Next day...

Mom:  Mckenna once we are done with this box of diapers we won't have any more and you will have to wear big girl panties.
Mckenna: After a long pause thinking....well you probably better go to Walmart and buy some more ( I am so serious she said probably)

Upon the kids returning back to school

Mckenna : When do I get to go to school?
Mom: Well you have to wear big girl panties to go to school so lets get rid of the diapers and you get to go to school
Mckenna: After a long pause thinking.....well I guess I probably better stay home with you then

UGHH!!!  These are just a couple of the conversations that her and I have had over the past several months. She refuses to think about it or talk about it. I am convinced that one day she will just make up her mind and start going potty on the big potty. Well....yesterday I came home from a Relief Society activity and Mckenna had decided that she was going to wear big girl panties. She had a couple of accidents, some almost made it tries and one time where she actually made it. Of course we made a HUGE deal about it. I thought today is the day...and I am almost out of diapers....when it was time to go to bed she brought me a diaper to put on her and she quickly fell asleep. 

This morning I said let's put on big girl panties, she said "um no I want a diaper mom". And so the never ending saga continues.....I am confident that she won't get married in pampers.....let's hope not anyway! 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Cheer up Allison! I thought at once time that I would be in them before mine were out of them!

Rennie said...

Funny! I can totally see her saying "probably". She is so smart and sassy. That's one of the reasons I like her so much!