Sunday, October 19, 2008

Family Pictures


I have been wanting to update our family pictures since it's been a couple of years. However, the thought of going through the whole process of coordinating clothes, schedules and everything else that goes along with pictures for 9 people needless to say is a daunting task. So we bit the bullet and I made the appointment at Sears. I figured if I did it on a weekday instead of Saturday we would be able to make it in and out fairly easy. Well we could get in easy with 9 people it's the getting out with 9 people that would be tricky. 

The kids didn't have school on Friday so I decided that was the day. I was really impressed that we all got out the door at the appointment time, no mishaps and were on our way. All the way there we got the usual "How long is this going to take?" or "When will we be done?" depending on which child asked the question as if the answer would change. My answer was always consistent...the faster everyone cooperates and smiles the faster we will be done. I kept remembering the last family portrait session and the hours it seemed to get everyone to smile at the same time. I was really hoping that this wouldn't take that long, so I could get them to do it again, ok so that I could convince Mike to do it again.

 We got to Sears and they took us right in. I will say that the very young girl, she just graduated from high school last year, was a little overwhelmed by ALL of the children. She was a good sport and took us back to her little photo room. 30 minutes later we were finished, yes I did say 30 minutes. Mike and I were beyond impressed that everyone cooperated, this means I will be able to do this again, with the exception of Mckenna who always cooperates and goes along with everything. To her defense, she did wake up with a terrible cold that morning and would only take a picture if she was sitting in my lap...until we got to the food court and she announced "It's time to take our pictures now". So here are the results of our field trip on Friday......



























3 comments:

Rennie said...

I LOVE LOVE the pictures! They came out fantastic! You did great on the blog. Uploading the pictures can take forever!

Becky said...

Beautiful pictures! And now you have a "we can cooperate" story (actually two if you count dressing up for trunk or treat) to tell around the family reunion dinner table.

Amy said...

love the family photos. such a great looking family and now that it's done, you can breathe easy for a few years!