Thursday, June 18, 2009

Family fishing trip.....


One of my memories growing up was going fishing...I seriously love fishing. Not the picking up the bait and putting on my hook part, but being near the ocean. Mike shares that same love of fishing as well. We don't do it as often as we'd like to but we decided that we would load up the kids and go fishing Monday night. 

Everyone loaded up in the truck and we were just getting ready to leave when Cody rushed in the house and announced that we needed to come outside immediately. My first reaction, is someone bleeding? No mom, but you have to come out right now. See my previous post for what we found when we went outside. No, Cody hadn't got into the car yet he wanted one more minute with the basketball. 

After the initial shock, we headed out, broken windshield and all. I loved the looks people gave us as they looked at our broken windshield wondering what happened. We arrived just as the sun was getting ready to set. That's my favorite time of the day. It was such a perfect evening. 



Dani caught the first fish...actually she caught the first three. She was pretty happy with herself! 
Meanwhile Jessika decided that she should try to recreate the scene from the Titanic.

Mckenna was so excited to go fishing. She kept asking Dad to put a snack on her hook so that she could give a treat to the fish. Poor unsuspecting fish. 
Once the sun set the other girls in the family got in on the action. Jessica caught one fish and then turned the fish into bait only to have half the fish eaten off her hook. 
Mckenna finally got tired waiting for the fish to come so I got to fish. I won the award for the ugliest fish....but I caught something so that's all the counts!

Mckenna and Cody were a little bored with the whole fishing thing and not being able to catch anything so the decided to watch a movie. 
Since there weren't any fish to be caught that night and I they haven't developed an appreciation for just sitting out in nature and just enjoying the quiet we decided to leave. They didn't have much fun fishing but they sure had fun dropping the unused squid and shrimp down the holes in the bridge. That seriously was the highlight of the night. 
After the squid and shrimp ran out they decided they would have a little dance party. There wasn't music but I guess it's all in their head. 

No, don't jump we really will go home now.....
Ahh, fun times!

Next time Mike and I have decided that we will have a date night and go fishing.


2 comments:

Amy said...

yeah for family fun, ugly fish and DVD players! So glad to see that you're back on the posting wagon, so to speak.

Melissa said...

This is one of our favorite things to do. Brad and I love fishing too. I am waiting for a chance to try my new rod. I catch good bait! lol