Monday, June 8, 2009

Kids say the darnedest things.......

We started this little list on the side of our blog with some of the things that Mckenna said. The past couple of days our conversations have gone like this:

While looking at my new water bottle:

Mckenna: Mom who's sippy cup is that?
Me: It's mine
Mckenna: WOW Mom (gasp gasp drama drama) is that YOUR new gym sippy cup?

Mckenna: Daddy, is that medicine? 
Dad: Yes
Mckenna: what's it for?
Dad: it's for my cold
Mckenna: after thinking about it for a minute said "I hope it helps you keep warm, Daddy." 


While on a listening walk with Dad:

"So dad.....when you get small like me will you chase lizards with me?"  By the way she is obsessed with lizards and catching them....YUCK!

We were sitting watching Finding Nemo, we, meaning Mike, Jessika and I, were getting a little bored with the excessive CARS mini movie interruptions. I started to go through the guide of 5000 channels to choose from. I announced sorry there's nothing else on, Mckenna announced "Nothing on the TV for you, DAD!"

Today after dropping Jessika and a friend off at the mall I had to run to JoAnn's fabric because I am recovering my dining room chairs, story for another day....I had promised Mckenna that we would play at the playground in the mall. As we were pulling away from the mall she reminded me that she hadn't played at the playground yet. I explained to her that we had to go to JoAnn's and then we would head back to the mall...she thought about it for a minute and then said "Well mom maybe that's fun for you but it's not fun for me". As we went through JoAnn's she reminded me several times that she was not having any fun but when we went to the mall she would be having fun at the playground and I would not. 

She is wise beyond her years. I haven't decided if it's a good thing or bad thing yet. All I know is by the time she gets to kindergarten she is going to give her teacher or anyone who will listen an earful. 

No comments: