Friday, October 30, 2009

Why all the updates you ask?

Well I owe it all to my dear friend Lynn. She is one of my very best friends, next to my husband. We have been friends for more than half of my lifetime. We met back in 1986 when we worked together at Jewelers Financial Services. She is one of the most beautiful, caring, compassionate and understanding people you will ever meet. She has the ability to make friends easily and make you feel like you have known her your entire life. She's funny. She has the right words to say in any situation. She loves ice cream as much as I do. Her and I share the same love for Barry Manilow. We have been accused on more than one occasion for sharing a brain. She has been a support to me in trying times and good times. The best thing about our friendship is that we can not talk for a while and when we talk it's like we just talked yesterday. She is the sister that I never had. I am so grateful that she is a part of my life. I am so grateful for her friendship and love for the last 23 years.

While I am writing this, she is walking the 3 day/60 mile walk for Breast Cancer. She has been cancer free for 3 years. I am so proud of her and all of the things that she has gone through and overcome. As we chatted the other night, she was hoping for some cooler weather. The temperatures are not cooperating here in Florida, it's going to be in the high 80's low 90's for the Halloween weekend so she was a little concerned about the heat. I told her that since I wouldn't be walking with her I would do something challenging myself....updating this blog. I am not so sure why it's so hard for me to do this, it just is. I can safely say that her journey will be more fulfilling than mine.


2 comments:

Amy said...

what a beautiful tribute to your wonderful friend. I think all the blogging you did is ALMOST the equivalent of a 60 mile walk. love all the updates!

Lynn said...

I had no idea you had done this. Thank you, my dearest friend.
You will NEVER, EVER know how much it meant to me that you were there last week to share the closing ceremony with me.
I love you so much, Masson.